Grants Not Available for 2018
2018 Grants: As our funding for New school and Development grants are derived from ticket sales from the Crown concert series, we regretfully advise that these will not be available in 2018. This comes on the back of nearly $65 000 distributed to Government Schools in the past 3 years.
ASSISTANCE TO SCHOOLS GRANT
The WA Government Schools Music Society (WAGSMS) assists schools to carry out musical activities with grants to a maximum value of up to $1 000.00. Apply in writing to the Secretary of WAGSMS clearly stating how the money will be used and attach to this form.
NEW SCHOOLS GRANT
Newly opened schools may apply to the Secretary of The WA Government Schools Music Society (WAGSMS) for a grant of up to $2 000.00 to help establish a music program. Applications may be made during the first three (3) years of operation. Established schools which have never had a music program before are also eligible to apply. The application must clearly state how the Grant will be used. (Eg. Purchasing music, CD’s, DVD’s, percussion instruments) and give evidence of whole school support and sustainability of the music program.
The WA Government Schools Music Society (WAGSMS) awards up to six (6) grants of $2 000.00 to groups of schools. The intent behind this grant is to support and promote Public Schools participation in these wholly Public School projects.The criteria is:
1. Three (3) or more Government only schools must participate
2. A co-ordinator is to be appointed
3. The project will be required to end in a performance. (Eg. A feste, concert, workshop, camp) to take place by November of the year applied
4. Applications for consideration close on Friday, Week 6 of Term 2
5. Any program or promotional material should acknowledge the contribution of the WA Government Schools Music Society (WAGSMS)
6. A report of the program must be sent to WAGSMS